Monday, March 28, 2011

12 Byzantine Rulers

I started listening to Lars Brownworth's 12 Byzantine Rulers today. I don't like it as much as The History of Rome so far. For one thing, Lars talks just faster enough than Mike that it feels like he's rushing through what he's reading, and that makes it harder for me to pay attention.

Another thing is that he's covering a lot of ground in a much fewer amount of episodes, so he's really blasting through a lot of years of history at a frenetic pace. Which makes the whole thing feel like it's just blipping by a whorl of ambition, destruction, warfare, bloodshed, ambition, backstabbing, etc. How are you supposed to keep it all straight, I don't know.

I'll keep going with it of course, because I'm dedicated. And because I'm all caught up on THoR anyway, except for the latest episode, which I have just downloaded (yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment